July 2019 Newsletter Default Category

July news from Youngmin
View this email in your browser

Teaching? learning? I love'em both!

I had so much fun teaching Bojagi in June. Every Saturday I was meeting people in different places and I loved every moment. And the Los Gatos library event evening went well, too.

I also spent my downtime to learn something new. Block printing! Learning how to design, carve and print was a wonderful way to spend Sunday morning. I was happy to have a chance to meet Arounna Khounnoraj from Canada.

Teaching and taking a class encouraged me to keep being creative. I was able to finish my bojagi and a few more small projects. 

I will be traveling in July and August. I'm very excited to be a part of the 'Transparency and transition' exhibit curated by Sara Cook and teaching classes and a lecture in Birmingham, U.K.! I will update with lots of photos on Facebook and Instagram. August newsletter might be delayed but please stay tuned!

Korea textile Tour 2019 is full now but you can sign up for the waitlist and future announcements. I will announce the 2020 tour dates and details in December 2019. 

Reading suggestion
I've been suggesting books about Korea but this month, I want to share about Lisa See's The tea girl of hummingbird lane. It is a story about a minority of people in China.
My friend Carol suggested this book to me and I was instantly absorbed into this fascinating story. I have to confess that I cried at the end.

Leave Comments

You'are not allowed to write comments. Please sign in.