PIQF experience Default Category

As many of you already know, I went to the Pacific International Quilt Festival last week to teach 3 full day bojagi workshops. I loaded my car with lot of fabrics, sewing notions and excitement! When I checked in my hotel room, my roomie was already there. Linda Ballard, quilt teacher from Redding area was welcoming me. She has lots of experience, knowledge and great personality. Not long after, we became good friends.

Visiting my friend, Carlene's booth is the next thing I did. Her longtime co-workers/friends were all there, too. It is wonderful that friends can work as a team and have fun at the same time.

지난주 산타 클라라 컨벤션 센터에서 열린 Pacific International Quilt Festival에서 사흘간 보자기 워크샵을 무사히 마치고 돌아왔어요. 집을 나설때 옷감, 만드는 과정, 부재료와 잔뜩 흥분된 마음까지 챙겨서 갔답니다. 호텔방에 들어가니 북쪽 캘리포니아 레딩에서 온 제 룸메이트가 벌써 와있네요. 퀼트쇼에서 가르친 경험만 20여년이 넘는 베테랑인 그녀는 모든게 처음인 제게 딱 맞는 사람이었지요. 하루하루가 지나면서 그저 방을 같이 쓰는 사람이 아닌 친구사이가 된 건 제가 운이 좋기 때문일까요? 린다에게서 많은 조언과 도움을 받았답니다.

퀼트쇼와 많은 가게들이 있는 아래층으로 내려가니 제 친구 Carlene도 와서 분주하게 일하고 있었어요. 제게 이 퀼트쇼에서 가르칠 기회를 만들어준 소중한 친구입니다. 네명의 친구과 함께 직접 염색한 옷감을 팔고 친구들과 며칠간 같이 지내는 이들이 참 보기 좋아요.

My first workshop was 'Gift wrap Bojagi' and it was a day of fun and mistakes. I don't know how I made such mistakes about measurements but everybody was very encouraging and supportive. Second workshop was 'Mosi Jogakbo' and the third workshop was ' Jogakbo, patchworked bojagi'.

수많은 클래스를 가르쳤지만 이렇게 잔잔한 실수를 많이 하기는 처음이네요. 치수가 틀리고 옷감이 모자라고.... 하지만 이해심과 인내심 많은 학생들이 오히려 위로를 해 주어서 어찌어찌 넘어갔네요. 가르치면서 제가 더 많이 배웠어요.

Everyday was fun and I learned a lot from teaching classes and talking to my students. On Saturday evening, all the instructors were invited to the 'Show and Tell'. I encouraged my students to attend and show the works they had learned at the class but didn't see anyone..... But it's okay. because I got many emails afterward from my students. I know they are busy working on the projects!

토요일 저녁엔 모든 강사들이 모여 클래스에서 가르친 내용을 소개하는 시간이 있었어요. 학생들도 와서 배운바를 자랑할 수 있는 시간입니다. 제 학생들은 없어서 조금 그랬지만 저는 알지요. 다들 집에서 바삐 바느질 하고 있다는 사실을요. 이메일로 인사를 보낸 제 학생들이 많거든요.

Now I am back home and planning another workshops for next year and looking forward to see my old students back and see more new students!

Happy stitching and sewing!

이제 집에 돌아와서 바빴던 시간들을 되돌아보고 수정보완하면서 내년에 다시 만날 생각에 또 가슴이 부풀어 오름을 느낍니다!

Leave Comments

You'are not allowed to write comments. Please sign in.