보람을 느낄때~ Happy moment

I got an email from Judy the other day. She took my private workshop last year. She is a experienced quilter who inspired by Asian Art Museum's bojagi collection. She searched online and found me :) She came to my house to learn how to make bojagi and we shared our common interests. 

When I finished my DVD, she bought one copy and gave me a long and detailed feed back. I do bojagi because I love to do it however these compliments are making me happy and think about responsibility of keeping this art form as my life time mission. This time, she sent me pictures of her own creation. gift wrap bojagi for her friend. She used her own choice of fabrics and design but I was smiling when I saw her Gamchimjil (whip stitch) throughout her bojagi. Contrasting colored stitches are distinctive detail of bojagi!

Judy, you made me happy and I am very proud of you! Thank you for letting me use your beautiful bojagi pictures.

주디에게서 이메일이 왔습니다. 작년에 아시안 아트 뮤지엄에서 보자기 콜렉션을 보고 가슴이 뛰는 감동을 느꼈다며 인터넷에서  검색을 하다가 제이름과 웹사이트를 찾아냈다지요. 집이 그리 멀지 않아 개인 워크샵을 하고 보자기 만들기를 배워갔답니다. 퀼트 경험이 보자기 수업을 좀더 쉽게 만들었을까요?  작년 여름에 보자기 디비디를 보고 아주 자세하고 마음이 담긴 평을 보내주기도 했답니다. 이번엔 주디의 해석이 담긴 선물보를 만들어 친구에게 선물을 했다면서 사진을 보내왔네요. 감침질을 한번 보세요. 보자기의 특징인 대담한 색상의 실을 사용했지요!

주디, 자랑스럽고 기쁜 마음으로 모두에게 자랑을 해요. 사진을 보내주고 이렇게 쓸수 있게 해줘서 고마워요! 

Tag :

Leave Comments

You'are not allowed to write comments. Please sign in.