Italian Beauty Life

There are so many things I appreciated while I was in Italy. Foods, Wine, History, Flowers, Arts and Architecture..... 

But one afternoon was purely spent to admire this Italian beauty, Burano lace! Tiny island covered with colorful houses is known for its lacemaking and countless laceshops. It took 40 minutes of vaporetto (boat bus) ride from Venezia. Burano lace museum shows the island's lace heritage and I wish I could stay a whole day to look at these old laces and the history. 

There were two elegant nonne in the second floor of the museum and they were making laces with traditional way. An Italian family came and asked questions about the lace making and these nonne explained just like they sing ( I loved to hear this conversation even though I couldn't understand a single word. Italian is such a beautiful language to hear :)

Lace shopping was one thing that I did without asking any questions to myself. I just went into the lace shop right next to the small cafe that I had a delicious lunch and fell in love with the whole store. I bought some for myself and got a few for gift and bought some more for my self again. Now I am back in California and regretting that I didn't buy those beautiful handkerchief and a linen shirt and a scarf.... Good thing that I got a book at the lace museum. I wish I could go back and learn lace making from those nonne.

Tag :

Leave Comments

You'are not allowed to write comments. Please sign in.