Sonoma County Museum workshop Default Category

Last Saturday I drove 2 hours to Santa Rosa. It shouldn't take that long but the weather was nice and I don't blame people heading to the wine country :) Sonoma County Museum was in downtown Santa Rosa. Elegant building was historic post office in 1910. This museum contacted me when they were opening the exhibition, Camellia Has Fallen: Contemporary Korean Artists Reflect on the Jeju Uprising. Santa Rosa and Jeju are sister cities.

While I was planning this bojagi workshop, Korean Cultural Center in Los Angeles generously supported this workshop. 

http://www.kccla.org/english/home.asp

지난 토요일 2시간을 달려 산타로사에 있는 소노마 카운티 뮤지엄에 다녀왔습니다.  평소보다 긴 시간을 달려야 했지만 좋은 날씨에 와인 컨트리로 향하는 행렬을 뭐라할 순 없지요 ㅎㅎ 산타로사 다운타운에 위치한 이 뮤지엄은 옛날 우체국으로 쓰인 고풍스러운 건물입니다. 지난달엔 자매도시 제주에서 온 특별전이 열리기도 했지요. 보자기 워크샵을 기획하는 동안 엘에이 한국 문화원의 지원을 받아 재료까지 공급받는 바람에 제가 더욱 신나게 일을 진행할 수 있었지요. 이자리를 빌어 감사드립니다! 

Some people has experience at hand sewing and some never done it before but everybody was so into this fun project. 

Most people came from Santa Rosa but two people came all the way from Redwood City and Turlock! Thanks to Korea Daily for newspaper article! They read about the workshop in the newspaper and drove more than 2 hours for 2 hour workshop. 

어떤이들은 손바느질이 익숙해 보였고 또 어떤이들은 처음 해보는 거라며 다들 열중했지요.

산타 로사 근방에서 온 사람들도 많았지만 한사람은 베이지역 레드우드 시티에서 또 한사람은 모데스토 근처 털록에서 장장 2시간 반을 달려 2시간 워크샵에 참석하였습니다. 중앙일보 기사 덕에 만난 귀한 인연 입니다. 

http://www.koreadaily.com/news/read.asp?art_id=2566979

I think everybody enjoyed slow hand sewing. Working with hands are the way of soothing and meditating for me and I hope everybody at the workshop felt the same feeling. After the workshop some people asked me to come back for mosi workshop and I'd love to come back and teach it.

The workshop went well and here's a finished one from one of the student!

모두들 열심히 이 느리고 느린 손바느질의 매력에 빠져 시간가는 줄 몰랐습니다. 마음이 차분해지는 이 바느질의 맛을 다들 느꼈으리라 믿어요. 워크샵이 끝나고 떠나면서 다시 돌아와 모시 바느질을 가르쳐 줄 수 있냐는 질문에 긴 운전도 2시간 내내 서있었던 것도 한순간 잊혀지며 다시 기운이 납니다. 다음날 완성했다며 제게 보내준 동효님의 보자기 입니다!

Tag :

Leave Comments

You'are not allowed to write comments. Please sign in.