Un cafe per favore! Default Category

First, I bought books and maps of Italy. Reading a book about the place you are going to go is exciting because while you are reading it, you can imagine and dream about the place in your mind. When you actually arrive and see those places and experience new things, anticipation turns into excitement. I took a trip to Italy as a family vacation a few weeks ago. When we were planning this trip, all 3 of us agreed to go to Italy out of many other European countries and we all agreed again this was a right decision after we came back home. I loved Italy!

Espresso was the first thing that I fell in love with. Taking a tiny cup of (less than 2 oz) concentrated dark liquid with crema on top became my daily ritual throughout  my Italy stay. I practiced "Un cafe per favore!" but never recited the whole sentence when I ordered my daily espresso. I am not that shy but speaking another language with foreign accent is intimidating enough (Yes, I vividly remember how I felt when I first came to this country 22 years ago :) I just said "Un cafe please...." Next time when I go back to Italy, I will use a whole sentence!

Italian breakfast was very simple. un cafe e cornetto alla marmellata! A cup of espresso or cappuccino and a breakfast pastry with jam. You could be served at the table but many people eat and drink at the counter or bar. There no time needed to be adjust to this custom :)

At the Autogrill (Rest stop in the middle of the highway), I got this single does of caffein. It came with a tiny straw for your convenience. What  simple way to get coffee.

Coffee was one of my daily rituals along with gelato and wine. Coffee with meals, coffee after meals, coffee with deserts.....

So many things that I miss from this trip and I will share more with you soon! 

Tag :

Leave Comments

You'are not allowed to write comments. Please sign in.