Korea Textile Tour Announcement Default Category

Korea Textile Tour 2020 Announcement 

Are you ready for an adventure with me?

Hello textile enthusiasts! 

I invite you to sign up first for the 2020 Korea Textile Tour! Thank you for showing your interest in next year's tour.
The tour dates are October 12-22, 2020 
You have a priority to sign up for this tour.
Trip cost is USD $3,950 and a $500 deposit via PayPal will reserve your spot. You can click the Sign up for KTT 2020 below and sign up.

Sign-ups will be open to the public on December 10th, 2019.

If you love textiles and want a hands-on experience in the heart of an Asian culture that stretches back thousands of years, then join us as we explore traditional and contemporary fiber arts in Seoul and surrounding provinces. 

Youngmin Lee, a Korean bojagi artist in the San Francisco Bay Area is leading the tour.

BASIC ITINERARY 
 A small group of 10 women with a leader, Youngmin Lee will lead you to -
● Visit museums and art galleries, palaces, temples, artist studios, and workshops, and fabulous markets (shopping for textiles and other treasures you won’t want to go home without).
● Eat delicious Korean food, which includes many healthy, vegetarian, and vegan options, and you will also have access to a variety of cuisines from other countries.

Looking forward to having an adventure with you in October 2020!

Leave Comments

You'are not allowed to write comments. Please sign in.

November 2019 Newsletter Default Category

Hello from Korea Textile Tour 2019!

We had a great time!

It was our 3rd Korea Textile Tour and we all had a wonderful time traveling, learning, and sharing textile art and culture with so many people in Korea. In Andong, we stayed at the Hanok, a traditional Korean style house, and learned about Korean culture. We met so many talented and generous people who were excited to share their passion with us.  We visited Hanji (Korean mulberry paper) mill, Andongpo (Andong hemp fabric) showroom, Hahoe village in Andong, and we took an eco print workshop. On our way back to Seoul, we visited a 5th generation silk factory to learn about how silk is made from the owners. After we come back to Seoul, we visited exhibitions about traditional costumes, saw a contemporary quilt show, and took fun workshops- a colored paper workshop where we got our own pattern, another we learned Korean traditional embroidery, and even silk dye using enzymes and black ink. We also visited Hanbok (Korean traditional clothing) artist, a Saeksil nubi (Korean traditional quilting) master and Bohnchang Koo (prominent photographer). Yes, we were very busy every day! On our final day, a farewell meal was prepared by a good friend of mine at her own hanok! I feel so lucky to travel with this wonderful group of travel companions. And I was very grateful to experience Korean hospitality throughout the time. 

After the tour, I spent some quality time with my family in Korea. I was able to enjoy beautiful autumn near Seollaksan. My last week in Seoul was another busy time, meeting with people and make plans for next year's Korea Textile Tour. I am going to announce the dates for 2020 in early December and I hope many of you can join me! 

I came back with a suitcase full of new materials and inspiration to create more works and teach more classes soon.

Leave Comments

October 2019 Newsletter Default Category

Celebrating Autumn
View this email in your browser

From Fabric to Paper 
보자기, 종이를 만나다

Please come to our exhibit with my apprentice, Steph Rue. We are recipients of the Alliance for California Traditional Arts’ Apprenticeship Program this year. As a master artist of bojagi, Korean wrapping cloths, I had a wonderful time teaching my apprentice, Steph Rue, a book artist, and a papermaker.
We have been busy studying bojagi and expanded our horizon by using different materials such as handmade paper and quilting with paper cord. Teaching is the best way to learn and I am grateful to have a chance to share my passion and get to know more about my own practice.

We will have an opening reception on Monday, September 30th at 3:30 pm. Please come and enjoy the afternoon with us!
Location info, 
here.

I will be busy traveling in October but will post many pictures. Check my two Instagram accounts for visual updates!
Bojagi and Korea Textile Tour

September 30, 3:30 pm -Opening reception of the exhibition 'From Fabric to Paper' '보자기, 종이를 만나다' at the Consulate General of the Republic of Korea in San FranciscoThe exhibit will be open until January 3, 2020.

October 14-24 2019
Korea Textile Tour 
Soon I will be leaving for Seoul to lead this year's tour.
I am excited to have another adventure with a wonderful group of women this year!
The 2020 tour announcement will come out in December 2019.

Leave Comments