LACMA's Community Bojagi revealed! Default Category

One Friday evening I left for LA. Drove all the way to LA to see our Community Bojagi.

Saturday morning in LA was quite pleasant and I was so happy to see the bojagi, LACMA staffs and even my friend, Minjee and her daughter !

금요일 저녁 일을 마치고 저녁운전을 시작했습니다. 엘에이로 가는 6시간의 운전이 결코 길게 느껴지질 않고 신이 나기까지 했지요. 다음날 상쾌한 엘에이 공기를 마시며 컴뮤니티 보자기와 다시 만났습니다. 뮤지엄 스탭들과 친구 민지씨까지 만나니 좋네요.  

Bojagi is a traditional Korean wrapping cloth used to wrap gifts, important documents, and other items. From February to June, over 1,700 people collaborated to create the Boone Children’s Gallery Community Bojagi. By coloring, painting and sewing fabric pieces together, participants were able to collaborate, share stories, learn new skills and the most importantly be part of something extraordinary. The Community Bojagi will be displayed in the Boone Children’s Gallery beginning October 2, 2014. 

지난 2월부터 6월까지 1700여명이 조각을 장식하거나 바느질해서 완성된 이 컴뮤니티 보자기는 많은 사람들에게 여러가지로 특멸한 의미가 있는 보자기가  되었습니다.

Isn't it beautiful?  Take a look at these great details. 

멋지지요? 자세히 보시면 많은 사람들의 개성이 다 보입니다.

The following week this bojagi was installed and displayed in the Boone Children's Gallery.

라크마 안에 있는 분 어린이 갤러리에 디스플레이 되는 모습입니다.

If you have a chance to go to LACMA, please go and feel the energy from this powerful bojagi!

Maybe you can plan a special trip to visit LA to see this bojagi :)

LACMA에 가실 일이 있으시면 꼭 들러서 컴뮤니티 보자기의 특별한 기운을 느껴보세요!

이걸보러 특별한 LA여행을 계획해 보시는 건 어떨까요? 

Tag :

Leave Comments

You'are not allowed to write comments. Please sign in.