A Package from Malaysia Bojagi

Recently I was checking my mail box everyday. One day, I found a notice of delivery attempt.... Oh well, I had to wait another day till the post office opens the door. Finally, I picked up this small package from Karen in Malaysia! She is my new long distance bojagi class student. Jung Sun in Seattle, Lucy in Mexico City, Alice in San Francisco, Joan in D.C..... these are all my long distance students :) They all found me somehow and wanted to learn bojagi. I sent a package of cut fabrics, sample projects and instructions. then my students make the project and mail back to me. I send projects back with my comments. While the mail comes and go, we all became friends!

요즘들어 우체통을 꼭 확인하는 버릇이 생겼습니다. 그러던 어느날 배달못하고 간다는 쪽지만 달랑 남겨있는걸 발견했네요.... 하루를 더 기다려서 우체국에 직접 달려가 기다리던 이 작은 소포를 찾아왔답니다. 말레이시아의 캐런이 보낸겁니다! 새로이 원거리 보자기강좌를 시작한 그녀는 제 다른 학생들( 시애틀의 정선, 멕시코 시티의 루시, 샌프란시스코의 알리스, 워싱턴 디씨의 존) 처럼 우연한 인연으로  보자기 클래스라는 또다른 인연의 끈이 생겨났지요. 조각천과 제가 만든 샘플, 그리고 만드는 방법을 보내면 학생들이 만들어 제게 다시 보냅니다. 그러면 저는 바느질을 첵크하고 코멘트를 달아 다시 보내고 또 다음 프로젝트를 만들고.... 이러다 보면 보자기도 익히고 어느새 우리는 친구사이가 되어 있답니다.

Here's her first project, pin cushion. I am very proud of her! I am looking forward to see her second project soon!

캐런의 첫 작품입니다. 아주 자랑스럽게 보여드리는 겁니다!

Tag :

Leave Comments

You'are not allowed to write comments. Please sign in.