July newsletter 2021 Default Category

Summer
View this email in your browser
I am excited to announce that my work, "Remnants of memory" was selected for Fiber Arts X!

Exhibition dates: July 31 - September 12, 2021 in the Sebastopol Center for the Arts Gallery 

In June, I had many online events, including Gateway Korea Foundation & Saint Louis Art Museum's DanO celebration, Artist Talks organized by Surface Design Association, and two Zoom classes with Tatter Textile Library in NY. I am so grateful for these opportunities,  because every event brings me a chance to meet people and share my passion.

I have a few classes in July and August. After these, I will take a break during the summer, and will be back with more exciting programs. 

A small amount of Mosi (ramie) fabrics are for sale now. Purchase here.

Korea Textile Tour will be happening in 2022!
I am checking Korea's travel restrictions frequently. Still, visitors to Korea are subject to a 14-day mandatory quarantine. So I am planning to have tours in May 2022 and October 2022. My 2019 participants will have a priority to travel for the 2022 tours, and later this year I will open the registration to wait-list. 
There is a wait-list available, so please let me know if you are interested in future tours. If you are already on the wait-list, you will get an email when I resume the tour. Thanks for being patient! 

Saekdong is colorful fabric pieces sewn like a stripe and used for sleeves of children’s jackets (jeogori or durumagi). Saek means color and Dong means a stripe, or a unit of the fabric piece.
Saekdong was used to make striped sleeves, and decorations like jatmulim, jatmoeum on the collar or front part of jackets. Here you can see my daughter is wearing her saekdong jeogori for her 1st birthday celebration.
 Obangsaek (5 directional colors- red, blue, yellow, white, black) and some ogansaek (pink, purple, violet, green, brown, etc.) were used most often in saekdong.
By using these colors, Korean people imbue their clothing and accessories with hopes for happiness, good luck, health, longevity, and protection from evil spirits.

Maedeup, Knot Flower Bouquet Class is back!

Using Maedeup, Korean knot making techniques, I will teach how to make this flower bouquet that you can decorate your space or wear as a brooch.

Saturday, July 17, 10am -12pm PDT

Ssamsol Jogakbo Class 

A two-class series over Zoom. I will be teaching Ssamsol technique, which you can use to make bojagi with transparent effect.

Meets on Saturday, July 31& August 7, 10 am-12 pm PST

Leave Comments

You'are not allowed to write comments. Please sign in.