Empty Spools Seminars Default Category

Leaving home for 6 days to attend the Empty Spools Seminars was a big adventure that I was waiting for! My friend Carlene came all the way from Hawaii a few days prior to the event and we started our journey together on Sunday morning.  This time, I was taking class about bojagi from well know art quilter/ teacher, Jeannette DeNicolis Meyer. Her workshop was "Sheer Play: Painting, Designing and Constructing with Translucent Fabric". The most interesting thing for me was that she is going to use Bojagi techniques! I know how to do bojagi technique but curiosity was leading me to this wonderful teacher and I am so glad I signed up her class and get to know her! 

Fabric painting, fusing and designing with my fellow fabric artist classmates were FUN! I enjoyed every moments in the class room and had a taste of my goal-getting free from my own limits and set rules. Making bojagi with non-Korean traditional materials was my first attempt to getting out of the box. Second attempt was making irregular shaped bojagi. And Jeannete's class made me feel that I took another step to a freedom. Finally! 

Another thing that I enjoyed a lot was making friends. Camaraderie, curiosity and creativity made us have strong bond and I am so happy and grateful. You only see a few friends here but I made more :)

When I have a gut to share my 6 days of creative design attempt, I will post pictures of them. Someday~

Oh, I am so spoiled! I lived without making meals for almost a week and now it's time to go back to the reality..... What's for dinner, honey?

Tag :

Leave Comments

You'are not allowed to write comments. Please sign in.